A day after a former secretary to the National Commission for Minorities claimed a damning report prepared by her recommending President’s rule in Gujarat in the wake of the 2002 riots has vanished from the records, the Congress on Friday sought a detailed investigation into the matter given that the alleged suppression of the document happened during the NDA regime.
Congress spokesperson Shobha Oza said: “There has to be an investigation to find out how the documents went missing. You should remember the NDA was in power then. Where did the report vanish?”
On Modi’s role in the riots, she said: “The then PM Atal Behari Vajpayee himself had asked him to follow raj dharma. He must be rejoicing that he has got a clean chit but the stain of the riots is definitely on him. People of Gujarat know and the people of India know what had happened.”
Sarita J Das, who was secretary NCM when the commission visited Gujarat on March 13-14, 2002, has alleged her report which spoke of complete breakdown of law and order in Gujarat and called for imposition of President’s rule has gone missing from the commission’s records. The matter was taken up by the commission in August last year and an inquiry ordered. There is no finding as yet.
Ministry of minority affairs Friday asked for a report from the NCM on the missing documents. “I have asked for a detailed report on the matter within a week. They are looking for the documents and an inquiry is already on. They have called the officer too,” Union Minister for Minority Affairs K Rehman Khan said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Meanwhile, NCM chairman Naseem Ahmed, who took over last week, said, “I do not know who the Ministry has sought a report from. I am not aware of it.”