A day after a former secretary to the National Commission for Minorities claimed a damning report prepared by her recommending President’s rule in Gujarat in the wake of the 2002 riots has vanished from the records, the Congress on Friday sought a detailed investigation into the matter given that the alleged suppression of the document happened during the NDA regime.
Congress spokesperson Shobha Oza said: “There has to be an investigation to find out how the documents went missing. You should remember the NDA was in power then. Where did the report vanish?”
On Modi’s role in the riots, she said: “The then PM Atal Behari Vajpayee himself had asked him to follow raj dharma. He must be rejoicing that he has got a clean chit but the stain of the riots is definitely on him. People of Gujarat know and the people of India know what had happened.”
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Sarita J Das, who was secretary NCM when the commission visited Gujarat on March 13-14, 2002, has alleged her report which spoke of complete breakdown of law and order in Gujarat and called for imposition of President’s rule has gone missing from the commission’s records. The matter was taken up by the commission in August last year and an inquiry ordered. There is no finding as yet.
Ministry of minority affairs Friday asked for a report from the NCM on the missing documents. “I have asked for a detailed report on the matter within a week. They are looking for the documents and an inquiry is already on. They have called the officer too,” Union Minister for Minority Affairs K Rehman Khan said.
Meanwhile, NCM chairman Naseem Ahmed, who took over last week, said, “I do not know who the Ministry has sought a report from. I am not aware of it.”