Congress on Tuesday moved the Election Commission seeking stern action against Narendra Modi and BJP, dubbing as “paid news” “Aap ki Adalat” programme on India TV featuring the BJP PM candidate.
“The sole purpose, as can be concluded from tone and tenor of the questions put to him, and the entire programme, was to give unfair and urdue electoral advantage to Modi.” “The programme was calculated, conceived and comprehended by and on behalf of BJP and Shri Modi for electoral gains. It was scribled for Modi, the BJP prime ministerial candidate”, K C Mittal, Secretary, AICC Legal Department, told the EC.
Claiming the programme was in “utter disregard” and violation of the model code of conduct and guidelines issued by the EC, Mittal noted veteran journalist Qumar Wahid Nakvi, who was holding a senior position in India TV, has resigned.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Mittal claimed the journalist quit “in protest against the programme, which would further “the manner of misuse of the channel by BJP and Shri Modi for their election propaganda.”
“It is not only a paid news but total misuse of the channel by BJP for their election campaign”, he told the EC, insisting that the programme was designed for election campaign for Modi and BJP and “not as a news item or routine programme”.