The Congress on Tuesday justified its alliance with JD(U) and RJD in Bihar and said such forces against the BJP would be strengthened elsewhere in the country.
Strongly backing his party allying with the parties of Lalu Prasad and Nitish Kumar, Congress General Secretary C P Joshi said in Patna, “This alliance is not opportunistic, but for larger national interest.”
“If this is an opportunistic alliance what name will you give the alliance between LJP of Ramvilas Paswan and Narendra Modi?” Joshi, who was in Patna to campaign for Congress candidates at Bhagalpur and Narkatiaganj in the August 21 Assembly bypoll, asked.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Joshi said he would share the dias with senior JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar and RJD President Lalu Prasad at Narkatiaganj on August 17.
In seat-sharing for the Assembly bypoll in 10 seats in Bihar, RJD and JD(U) would contest four seats each and the Congress two.
Asked if the alliance would lead to a tie-up in the crucial Assembly election in the state next year, Joshi, in-charge of Bihar affairs, replied “Naturally.”