The Congress on Tuesday justified its alliance with JD(U) and RJD in Bihar and said such forces against the BJP would be strengthened elsewhere in the country.
Strongly backing his party allying with the parties of Lalu Prasad and Nitish Kumar, Congress General Secretary C P Joshi said in Patna, “This alliance is not opportunistic, but for larger national interest.”
“If this is an opportunistic alliance what name will you give the alliance between LJP of Ramvilas Paswan and Narendra Modi?” Joshi, who was in Patna to campaign for Congress candidates at Bhagalpur and Narkatiaganj in the August 21 Assembly bypoll, asked.
Joshi said he would share the dias with senior JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar and RJD President Lalu Prasad at Narkatiaganj on August 17.
In seat-sharing for the Assembly bypoll in 10 seats in Bihar, RJD and JD(U) would contest four seats each and the Congress two.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Asked if the alliance would lead to a tie-up in the crucial Assembly election in the state next year, Joshi, in-charge of Bihar affairs, replied “Naturally.”