Having suffered its worst-ever poll debacle, Congress will begin its review exercise on Saturday when a panel headed by A K Antony is set to meet party leaders from Delhi unit to pinpoint the reasons for defeat.
All the seven candidates of Congress, who lost in the Lok Sabha polls including Kapil Sibal, Ajay Maken, J P Agrawal, Sandip Dikshit have been called for the feedback.
Antony and AICC general secretary Mukul Wasnik will be taking stock of the reasons for the 7-0 defeat of the party in the national capital.
Party sources said Antony will also be meeting PCC chiefs, CLP leaders and other party functionaries from various states in the days to come to find out what went wrong with the party in the Lok Sabha polls.
The exercise is being undertaken at the behest of Congress President Sonia Gandhi who has been assigned by the party’s apex decison-making body Congress Working Committee to effect the necessary changes in the organizational set up.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Antony will prepare a report which may be finalised before the budget session of parliament.
The party is reported to be contemplating changing Chief Ministers in Maharashtra, Assam and Haryana besides replacing PCC chiefs in around ten states including that of Maharasthra, Uttar Pradesh, Odisha and Tamil Nadu.
Congress has got its lowest tally of 44 seats in the 543-member Lok Sabha in elections held in April-May this year.