The deadlock in Parliament is likely to continue with Congress on Thursday rallying other opposition parties on “no resignation, no discussion” strategy over Lalit Modi and Vyapam controversies.
Watch video: (App users click here to watch video)
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi and party leader in the Lok Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge today met NCP’s Tariq Anwar, JMM’s Vijay Hansdak and AAP’s Bhagwant Mann just ahead of the House assembling for the day.
- Congress alleges RSS behind Maharashtra violence
- Winter Session of Parliament HIGHLIGHTS: Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha adjourned till tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi the new Congress Chief: Here's how the leaders reacted
- On Winter Session eve, PM Modi seeks Opposition support for simultaneous polls
- Winter Session of Parliament begins day after Gujarat polling — from December 15 to January 5
- In poll times, Congress and BJP raise heat on Winter Session dates
Parliament has witnessed a washout since the Monsoon session began on July 21 with Congress-led opposition aggressively pressing for ouster of External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, as also Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, rejecting the government’s offer for a debate.
In the meeting today, it was decided to press ahead with the strategy.
Soon afterwards, Question Hour in the Lok Sabha was washed out for the second consecutive day as opposition continued its protest over Lalit Modi controversy.
As opposition Congress, TRS and Left members refused to budge, Speaker Sumitra Mahajan adjourned the House till noon, minutes after the Question Hour was taken up.
Later, the House was adjourned for the day following continued opposition ruckus.
The Government too is digging in its heels, saying there won’t be any probe or resignation.