Questioning the “silence” of Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi over allegations involving Robert Vadra, BJP on Monday wondered if the internal politics of Congress does not allow them to speak about them or “defend” Vadra.
“There can be a sister or daughter coming to defence but the mother-in-law and brother-in-law is not there to defend.
Neither it is a family matter nor just another case of corruption,” BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said, rejecting Priyanka Gandhi’s contention over the isse.
Priyanka does not hold any office in Congress and BJP has demanded that the ruling party leadership clarify on the controversial land deals involving Vadra.
Taking a dig at the first family of the ruling party, she said, “The internal politics of Congress does not allow (Cong) president and vice-president to speak about or defend…”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
She said, “There are numerous issues on the matter on which we have no response from Sonia and Rahul”.
Their answers are important, she said, because the deals happened in the then Congress-ruled states of Rajstahan and Haryana.
“BJP will persist because it’s a massive scandal which has done injustice to the people in Rajasthan and Haryana. Truth has to come out,” Sitharaman said.
BJP had yesterday released a eight-minute video documentary on Vadra’s alleged land deals, prompting an angry reaction from Priyanka who said she is not going to be intimidated by such “lies” and will continue to speak against its “destructive” politics.
BJP, Sitharaman said, has given “point by point and comprehensive” replies on issues raised by Congress and others.
Asked about Trinamool Congress’ strong reaction to BJP Modi’s criticism of its leader and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, she said TMC was “rattled beyond its comprehension” over the response to BJP in the state.
“They did not expect their fortress shaken up,” she said.