JD(U) supremo and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday described the Congress’ move of not inviting its alliance partner RJD chief Lalu Prasad to its rallies as a ‘smart strategy’ and said that the love between the two associates was intact.
“Do not read much into such things… It’s part of their smart strategy,” Kumar told reporters referring to Lalu not being invited to the recent rallies of Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi in Sasaram and Aurangabad respectively.
How could Rahul Gandhi embrace Lalu Prasad in the public when he had tore the ordinance on tainted MPs that led Prasad to jail in the fodder scam case, Kumar said.
Such things were show off. In reality their love for each other is not over, he said, pointing out that the two parties ran a government in the state for 15 years and Prasad had served as power minister in UPA I. Even on Tuesday RJD extended outside support to the Manmohan Singh government.
Kumar also alleged that despite such a strong bond, Prasad has failed to extract any benefit for the state from the Congress.
“If he (Prasad) can force the Central government to call a meeting of Cabinet to dissolve the Bihar Assembly in 2005 why did not he force them to provide special category status to the state?” he questioned.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016