Narendra Modi on Friday accused Congress of joining hands with NGOs to run a one-point programme to stop him from coming to power but said they will fail due to the “hurricane” of support for BJP.
“Normally, political opponents get together to remove the ruling party but it is for the first time that the ruling party in association with NGOs and others has run a one-point programme not to save the government or form the government but only to stop Modi from coming to power,” he said at a rally.
Attacking Congress President Sonia Gandhi and her son and party Vice President Rahul Gandhi, the BJP leader said, “This government run by mother-son has destroyed the country” and claimed the Congress will be decimated in the election.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
“This election can’t save the government at Delhi. No one can save it, but now Congress has changed its strategy in last 10 days after it came to know that it is not possible to repeat its performance again. Now they have decided to create obstacles to stop Modi from coming to power at the centre.”
Exuding confidence that BJP-led NDA will form the next government, he said, “There is hurricane ( of support in favour of BJP) and Congress leaders are aware where they will go after May 16 (date of announcement of results)”. “Congress leaders are shivering,” he said adding that he was confident that Congress and UPA will even fail to open account in many states and their tally will be restricted to single digit in all states.
“Congress will not be able to touch the double figure mark in any of the states,” he said.
The BJP prime ministerial candidate was addressing ‘Bharat Vijay rally’ in border area in Gurdaspur parliamentary constituency where actor-turned politician Vinod Khanna is contesting. Polling will take place here on April 30 along with 12 other constituencies of the state. Khanna is pitted against Punjab Congress President Pratap Singh Bajwa, the sitting MP from Gurdaspur. In India’s 60 years of history, there has not been such a “bad, corrupt and defamed government”, Modi alleged.
He tried to woo the farmers of Punjab, which is the leading agrarian state, by promising that if NDA comes to power, it will ensure remunerative prices to them by “adding 50 per cent profit into the input cost”. He also said that a major irrigation scheme Pradhan Mantri Krishi Seechayee Yojana will also be launched. Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal were among others who spoke on the occasion.