The issue of differences between Congress and its alliance partner NCP on seat-sharing in Gujarat for the Lok Sabha polls is likely to be discussed by the central leadership of both the parties soon.
“Praful Patel and (Congress president’s political secretary) Ahmed Patel will hold a meeting and take decision on whether the NCP-Congress alliance should continue,” Gujarat NCP chief and MLA Jayant Patel said on Friday.
“If no solution comes from the meeting, we will break the alliance here and field our candidates in all the 26 seats in the state,” he said.
Local leaders of both the parties are reportedly not ready to compromise on their respective demands during the seat-sharing talks.
“The rift was because Congress leader Arjun Modhwadia was not willing to let us field our candidate from Porbandar,” Patel said. “We have decided to field Kandhal Jadeja (MLA from Kutiyana and son of deceased gangster ‘Godmother’ Santokben Jadeja), but Arjunbhai was adamant on not fielding him,” he said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“Even a layman knows how strong a candidate Kandhal Jadeja is, then why Congress leaders are playing this game?,” he asked.
Congress leader and spokesperson Shaktisinh Gohil said,”We are ready to give them three seats. We have offered them Porbandar. I had a talk with Arjunbhai on Thursday on the issue,” Gohil told PTI.
“We can not declare right now whether the alliance will continue or not. There is nothing concrete right now,” he said, adding, “We are waiting for their (NCP’s) feedback.”