He said the two UPA allies have tried to give communal colour to the incident in Maharashtra Sadan, where a Sena MP was caught on video purportedly force-feeding a fasting Muslim employee, apparently to protest poor quality services and food at the State Government’s guest house in New Delhi.
The incident rocked Parliament, where the UPA constituents demanded action against the Sena MP.
Congress and NCP have always used communalism and reservation for vote-bank politics and to “malign” the image of both BJP and Shiv Sena, he said.
Gadkari was addressing BJP activists at a function here in North Maharashtra last evening.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Lashing out at the Congress and NCP, who were part of the UPA Government at the Centre, he said the two parties were responsible for rising inequality, starvation deaths and unemployment in the country.
He said the BJP-led NDA Government was not against the farmers and maintained the Centre’s proposed move to ban export of onion was a temporary step to control prices.
Earlier, the Surface Transport and Shipping Minister inaugurated a two-day seminar organised by the city branch of Builders Association of India.
Speaking on the occasion, Gadkari said the Government was thinking of undertaking cement concretisation of National Highways to increase their durability.