BJP president Rajnath Singh accused the Congress Saturday of trying to turn the elections into a secular vs communal divide, adding that Gujarat CM Narendra Modi had got the court’s clean chit in the 2002 Gujarat riots.
“It was Manmohan Singh who said Muslims have the first right on India’s resources. If there is any party that takes decisions based on religious considerations, it is the Congress. It was your home minister who talked about ‘Hindu terrorism’. It was your government that tried to conduct a religious headcount in Armed Forces. If there is any communal party, it is the Congress,” Rajnath Singh said, addressing the party’s National Council meeting here.
In a hint at the AAP, Rajnath Singh said new parties were on the same page as the Congress on the issue of vote bank politics. “Take the Batla House encounter. Almost all non-NDA parties — from the oldest to the newest — and from the ones perceived as the most corrupt to those that lay claim to being the most virtuous, joined the chorus in expressing sympathy for the alleged criminals and mocking the sacrifices of security personnel,” he said.
He also hinted at the AAP-Congress arrangement in Delhi to warn the party that the Congress could try anything to contain the BJP, and that party cadres should be alert to self-proclaimed anti-Congress parties entering into a post-poll alliance with the Congress. “It is equally important to disapprove conglomeration of people without any ideological footing to run the government,” he said.
Later, speaking to district presidents and coordinators for each Lok Sabha constituency, Modi cautioned them about the “tricks” of the Congress.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016