Congress MLAs on Friday staged a walkout from Uttar Pradesh Assembly over CAG reports pointing anomalies in the organisation of Mahakumbh Mela last year and construction of memorials in Lucknow and Noida during the previous BSP regime.
The MLAs demanded a discussion on the issue during the Zero Hour after the questions were over, but Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey said it was not possible as the reports of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) would go to the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) of the House.
On this, the MLAs led by their Legislative Party leader Pradeep Mathur walked out of the House for the day.
Mathur later told reporters that Congress demands formation of a joint committee of the House for an inquiry into the shortcomings pointed out by the CAG.
“A BSP member is the chairman of PAC and it raises question whether the committee will be able to give the right report in light of CAG revelations,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He alleged that SP and BSP were hand-in-glove and shielding each others scams.
The CAG in its reports, which were tabled in the Assembly on Tuesday, has pointed out shortcomings in the organisation of Mahakumbh Mela last year by the SP government and construction of parks and memorials during the previous Mayawati regime.