Congress MLAs on Friday staged a walkout from Uttar Pradesh Assembly over CAG reports pointing anomalies in the organisation of Mahakumbh Mela last year and construction of memorials in Lucknow and Noida during the previous BSP regime.
The MLAs demanded a discussion on the issue during the Zero Hour after the questions were over, but Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey said it was not possible as the reports of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) would go to the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) of the House.
On this, the MLAs led by their Legislative Party leader Pradeep Mathur walked out of the House for the day.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Mathur later told reporters that Congress demands formation of a joint committee of the House for an inquiry into the shortcomings pointed out by the CAG.
“A BSP member is the chairman of PAC and it raises question whether the committee will be able to give the right report in light of CAG revelations,” he said.
He alleged that SP and BSP were hand-in-glove and shielding each others scams.
The CAG in its reports, which were tabled in the Assembly on Tuesday, has pointed out shortcomings in the organisation of Mahakumbh Mela last year by the SP government and construction of parks and memorials during the previous Mayawati regime.