Congress MLA Sanjay Pathak, who quit the party alleging ill-treatment, today formally joined the BJP in the presence of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
Welcoming Pathak, who is an MLA from Vijayraghogarh seat in Katni district, Chouhan said, “His honour will be protected in the BJP.”
“Today is an auspicious day as per the Hindu calendar and Pathak is joining BJP on this day to strengthen the ruling party in the state,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Before joining BJP, Pathak resigned from Congress and his membership in the State Assembly.
Pathak said he resigned from the Congress as the grand old party no longer remained the party of Nehru and Gandhi. He also denied reports that he is joining BJP to protect his mining business.
“If that was the case then I would have joined BJP about six years back,” he added.
Besides Pathak, another Congress leader Rajendra Singh Gehlot also joined BJP on the occasion.