Senior Congress leader and Goa legislator Mauvin Godinho said he is considering quitting the grand old party and hinted at the possibility of joining the Bharatiya Janata Party.
Godinho, who has been accused of not working for the Congress’ official candidate in South Goa during recent Lok Sabha polls, said some leaders in his party don’t want him to flourish within the organisation.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Now a time has come perhaps to take a call whether to join some party or not,” said Godinho, who is the sitting MLA representing Dabolim constituency.
“It is not out of my choice or my design that I am on the verge of taking a decision. It is people within the party who are pushing me out. What choice do I have ?,” he questioned.
Godinho was the Deputy Speaker when Digambar Kamat was the Chief Minister. He was recently in the news after his workers openly supported BJP candidate Narendra Sawaikar during the LS polls in South Goa.
“I have not made up my mind hundred percent but it is almost made up… because I feel I am systematically being pushed out much against my wishes,” said the Congress leader, adding that he is open to join the BJP.
“Definitely, joining BJP is one of the option available before me. I don’t say it is the only option,” said Godinho. In 2006, the Dabolim MLA had filed a case of corruption against then Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar alleging scam in infrastructure creation of International Film Festival of India (IFFI).
He had demanded custodial enquiry of Parrikar after the CAG report pointed out wasteful expenditure in the IFFI infrastructure creation.
“I was used by Congress leaders to file case against him (Parrikar),” the leader said.
” I don’t hold the same view that he was guilty of anything. As far as IFFI is concerned, Parrikar lifted the face of Goa,” Godinho commented.