Senior Congress leader and Goa legislator Mauvin Godinho said he is considering quitting the grand old party and hinted at the possibility of joining the Bharatiya Janata Party.
Godinho, who has been accused of not working for the Congress’ official candidate in South Goa during recent Lok Sabha polls, said some leaders in his party don’t want him to flourish within the organisation.
“Now a time has come perhaps to take a call whether to join some party or not,” said Godinho, who is the sitting MLA representing Dabolim constituency.
“It is not out of my choice or my design that I am on the verge of taking a decision. It is people within the party who are pushing me out. What choice do I have ?,” he questioned.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Godinho was the Deputy Speaker when Digambar Kamat was the Chief Minister. He was recently in the news after his workers openly supported BJP candidate Narendra Sawaikar during the LS polls in South Goa.
“I have not made up my mind hundred percent but it is almost made up… because I feel I am systematically being pushed out much against my wishes,” said the Congress leader, adding that he is open to join the BJP.
“Definitely, joining BJP is one of the option available before me. I don’t say it is the only option,” said Godinho. In 2006, the Dabolim MLA had filed a case of corruption against then Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar alleging scam in infrastructure creation of International Film Festival of India (IFFI).
He had demanded custodial enquiry of Parrikar after the CAG report pointed out wasteful expenditure in the IFFI infrastructure creation.
“I was used by Congress leaders to file case against him (Parrikar),” the leader said.
” I don’t hold the same view that he was guilty of anything. As far as IFFI is concerned, Parrikar lifted the face of Goa,” Godinho commented.