A Congress MLA disrupted a press conference of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal who was presenting a report card of his government after completing its first month in office.
Asif Mohammad Khan, who represents the Okhla constituency, was demanding a probe by an Special Investigation Team (SIT) in the Batla House encounter case. Khan demanded that the CM should order an SIT probe as he did for the 1984 anti-Sikh riot case.
Addressing a press conference, Kejriwal patted his back claiming that the Aam Aadmi Party-led government has taken a number of steps to improve the city’s image.
Kejriwal said that to improve inter-state commuting, – between Delhi and NCR – 5,500 auto rickshaws have been given permits. He said that the nursery helpline number started by his government has been receiving good responses from the people.
On replacing the present chairperson of the Delhi Commission for Women Barkha Singh, Kejriwal said that since Singh had been a Congress spokesperson she cannot be expected to run the panel independently.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
He proposed the name of Maityli Pushpa for the DCW post. The chief minister however denied that the proposed replacement is influenced by Law Minister Somnath Bharti’s face-off with Barkha Singh.