Amid speculation of LJP joining hands with it, BJP on Wednesday alleged that UPA was now misusing the CBI against Ram Vilas Paswan as it had targeted its other opponents.
“Paswan is the latest example of misuse of CBI by Congress,” senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu told reporters here apparently hinting that the Paswan was being harrassed following reports that he was contemplating joining hands with the party.
Naidu was reacting over reports that CBI may question former Union Steel Minister Paswan in connection with alleged illegalities in the Bokaro Steel plant recruitment process in which relatives of some high-profile personalities are under the scanner of the agency.
Paswan, who is negotiating seating arrangements in Bihar for the upcoming general elections, has come under the lens following recovery of some documents which, agency sources claimed, indicate that his staff may have been actively involved in extending favours to some candidates.
Paswan was Union minister for chemicals, fertilisers and steel during the UPA government between May 2004 and May 2009 and these allegedly fraudulent appointments were made during his tenure.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The former BJP chief further said, “Till the time former Chief Minister Andhra Pradesh Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was at the helm of affairs, there was no inquiry against his son Jaganmohan Reddy. However, after his father’s demise Jagan snapped ties with the Congress and the government ordered a CBI inquiry into his assets.”
“Till the time Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and BSP chief Mayawati support UPA, there would be no CBI inqiry against them and they even tried to issue clean chits to them through CBI,” Naidu claimed.
CBI should be kept as an independent investigation agency and not be misused for political purposes, Naidu said alleging, “But Congress utilises the services of CBI against its political opponents.”
“People will definitely teach a lesson to the Congress in the coming elections,” he said.