Amid speculation of LJP joining hands with it, BJP on Wednesday alleged that UPA was now misusing the CBI against Ram Vilas Paswan as it had targeted its other opponents.
“Paswan is the latest example of misuse of CBI by Congress,” senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu told reporters here apparently hinting that the Paswan was being harrassed following reports that he was contemplating joining hands with the party.
Naidu was reacting over reports that CBI may question former Union Steel Minister Paswan in connection with alleged illegalities in the Bokaro Steel plant recruitment process in which relatives of some high-profile personalities are under the scanner of the agency.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Paswan, who is negotiating seating arrangements in Bihar for the upcoming general elections, has come under the lens following recovery of some documents which, agency sources claimed, indicate that his staff may have been actively involved in extending favours to some candidates.
Paswan was Union minister for chemicals, fertilisers and steel during the UPA government between May 2004 and May 2009 and these allegedly fraudulent appointments were made during his tenure.
The former BJP chief further said, “Till the time former Chief Minister Andhra Pradesh Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was at the helm of affairs, there was no inquiry against his son Jaganmohan Reddy. However, after his father’s demise Jagan snapped ties with the Congress and the government ordered a CBI inquiry into his assets.”
“Till the time Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and BSP chief Mayawati support UPA, there would be no CBI inqiry against them and they even tried to issue clean chits to them through CBI,” Naidu claimed.
CBI should be kept as an independent investigation agency and not be misused for political purposes, Naidu said alleging, “But Congress utilises the services of CBI against its political opponents.”
“People will definitely teach a lesson to the Congress in the coming elections,” he said.