Power Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia and his family members, who have assets worth crores of rupees, also own shares in at least 25 companies and most of these investments were interestingly made last year.
Among these, the portfolio of Congress leader’s daughter Ananya Raje includes shares of some well-known listed companies like Greaves Cotton, Ingersoll Rand, KEC International, Merck, RPG Life Sciences, Sintex Industries and Texmaco Rail and Engineering.
The investments made by Scindia and his family members are spread across both listed and unlisted firms and many of these shares were purchased between May and September, 2013.
Scindia has movable assets to the tune of over Rs 1.70 crore while that of his wife and daughter are around Rs 11.51 lakh and Rs 33.19 lakh, respectively, according to the affidavit filed with the Election Commission.
The Minister, contesting from Guna, Madhya Pradesh, where he is already a sitting MP, has shown immovable assets worth nearly Rs 32 crore.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Besides holding stake in Scindia Investments Pvt Ltd, the 43-year-old Congress leader has shares in at least nine other companies. They are ARS Trustee Company, MJS Trustee Company, PRS Trustee Company, Ananya Raje Tavern, Mahanaaryaman Resort, Priyadarshini Raje Resort, Earth Financial Advisors, Moonrise Financial Advisors and Shivali Financial Advisors.
The book value or the cost at which stakes were bought by him in nine entities, excluding Scindia Investments Pvt Ltd, is nearly Rs 6 lakh. However, the current market worth of these shareholdings has not been mentioned.
In at least six companies, both the minister and his wife hold shares. Besides Jyotiraditya, Priyadarshini Scindia has invested in Baroda Rayon Corp and Gaekwad Investment Corp.
Together, the book value of her stakes in these eight companies is about Rs 5.43 lakh.
According to the affidavit, Scindia’s daughter Ananya Raje has invested in 15 listed companies and their total market value is worth about Rs 8.06 lakh, higher than the purchase cost of Rs 7.12 lakh.
In the case of Scindia Investments Pvt Ltd, the Minister bought shares in 2001, 2002 and 2004.
Individually, Scindia has deposits worth Rs 72.70 lakh in six banks while that of his wife, in two banks, amount to Rs 9.09 lakh. Ananya has a deposit of Rs 1.54 lakh.