Narendra Modi was the favourite punching bag for Congress leaders on social media on Saturday as they targeted the BJP PM candidate for finally admitting his marital status.
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh tweeted a couplet to take a veiled jibe at Modi telling him that no one has been able to flourish by speaking lies lifelong. “Badha na paya koi apni shaan jhooth bolkar, Magar who chu raha hai aasman jhooth bolkar.
“Magar wo chu raha hai asman jhooth bolkar, kabhi to sacchi baat kar kabhi to such se pyar kar chali hai kis ki umr bhar dukan jhooth bolkar,” he said in two tweets. It meant to convey that no one has been able to further his honour by speaking lies and he wants to touch the sky by doing that. It is better if he embraces truth as no one has flourished by telling lies lifelong.
Singh did not name Modi but the reference was obvious. Congress spokesman Sanjay Jha tweeted: “For the BJP, comeuppance time! Their Muck Manufacturing Factory has boomeranged on them. Modi has many skeletons in his huge cupboard. Congress including, Rahul Gandhi have taken pot-shots at Modi over the issue.
“Don’t know how many elections he has contested till now, but he has revealed for the first time that he is married. In Delhi, he talks about honour of women, but his own wife’s name doesn’t reach the affidavit,” Gandhi said addressing a poll rally in Jammu and Kashmir on Friday.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Digvijay Singh too took swipe at Modi said, “He is not living with his wife, he should have taken divorce. If he is married, why is he lying. Poor Jasodaben is living separately for past 35 years. How can a person, who cannot respect woman in his home, respect the nation.”
The Congress has also approached the Election Commission over the issue of the marital status of Modi by seeking action by the poll body against the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate for allegedly “hiding” facts in election affidavits filed by him in the past.
Modi has for the first time declared himself as a married man by revealing his wife’s name as Jashodaben in an affidavit filed before the Election Commission along with his nomination papers for Vadodara Lok Sabha seat. In the previous elections, he left the column blank.