Narendra Modi was the favourite punching bag for Congress leaders on social media on Saturday as they targeted the BJP PM candidate for finally admitting his marital status.
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh tweeted a couplet to take a veiled jibe at Modi telling him that no one has been able to flourish by speaking lies lifelong. “Badha na paya koi apni shaan jhooth bolkar, Magar who chu raha hai aasman jhooth bolkar.
“Magar wo chu raha hai asman jhooth bolkar, kabhi to sacchi baat kar kabhi to such se pyar kar chali hai kis ki umr bhar dukan jhooth bolkar,” he said in two tweets. It meant to convey that no one has been able to further his honour by speaking lies and he wants to touch the sky by doing that. It is better if he embraces truth as no one has flourished by telling lies lifelong.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
Singh did not name Modi but the reference was obvious. Congress spokesman Sanjay Jha tweeted: “For the BJP, comeuppance time! Their Muck Manufacturing Factory has boomeranged on them. Modi has many skeletons in his huge cupboard. Congress including, Rahul Gandhi have taken pot-shots at Modi over the issue.
“Don’t know how many elections he has contested till now, but he has revealed for the first time that he is married. In Delhi, he talks about honour of women, but his own wife’s name doesn’t reach the affidavit,” Gandhi said addressing a poll rally in Jammu and Kashmir on Friday.
Digvijay Singh too took swipe at Modi said, “He is not living with his wife, he should have taken divorce. If he is married, why is he lying. Poor Jasodaben is living separately for past 35 years. How can a person, who cannot respect woman in his home, respect the nation.”
The Congress has also approached the Election Commission over the issue of the marital status of Modi by seeking action by the poll body against the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate for allegedly “hiding” facts in election affidavits filed by him in the past.
Modi has for the first time declared himself as a married man by revealing his wife’s name as Jashodaben in an affidavit filed before the Election Commission along with his nomination papers for Vadodara Lok Sabha seat. In the previous elections, he left the column blank.