- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Congress is a sinking ship, says Parkash Singh Badal
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Thursday said the Congress was like a sinking ship with everybody in it trying to escape to a safer destination.
Addressing a rally organised in favour of Akali-BJP alliance candidate Manpreet Singh Ayali at a grain market on Gill Road in Ludhiana, Badal said the Congress had always played a role of a spoiler by ignoring emotional demands of Punjabis.
Punjab had always faced step-motherly treatment from successive Congress governments at the Centre, he alleged.
Badal said the people have accepted NDA’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as the next PM of the country, that is why most Congress leaders are upset.
Lashing out at Congress, he said party vice president Rahul Gandhi is no match for Modi. He compared Rahul with a person who had not even cleared a learner’s driving licence test.
“Modi will be the next Prime Minister, it is the writing on the wall,” the Chief Minister said.