IT professional-turned-AAP leader Adarsh Shastri today lamented that Congress has “strayed” from the path of simplicity and probity as exemplified by his grandfather and former Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri.
“I joined AAP, giving up a lucrative career in an MNC, as I came across it as the only party practising what Shastriji professed. He has been my idol.
“But unfortunately, Congress with which he remained associated all through his life seems to have lost all respect for values like simplicity and probity in public life which the late Premier epitomised,” Shastri, who is AAP candidate from Allahabad, said.
To a query about his father Anil Shastri’s continuance in Congress, he said, “He must be having his own reasons to do so. In fact, after I decided to join AAP, he did bring up the issue of our family’s old loyalty towards Congress and I then asked him where is the Congress of Shastriji today?
“I have immense respect for my father who, like Shastriji, believes in simplicity and probity. And I need to say nothing more than had the Congress not abandoned its old values, my father would not been sidelined in the party,” Shastri said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He was also critical of Congress having fielded a person with BJP background and “tainted image” against Narendra Modi in Varanasi with just an eye on vote bank politics. Congress has fielded local MLA Ajay Rai in Varanasi.