Congress had run out of the ideasto counter BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Naredra Modi on issues of policy and development, and instead had started making personal attacks, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said on Saturday. “It (Modi’s marriage) is a personal matter. Congress failed to compete with Modi on developmental and policy issues. They started resorting to personal attacks by raising the issue of his marital status,” Naidu said.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi had on Friday pointed out that Modi never provided information about his marital status in his election affidavits until now. On the revelations of Sanjaya Baru, former media adviser to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, in his book, Naidu said it made clear that Singh had surrendered his authority to the Congress president.
“The Congress has done an irreparable damage to the Prime Minister’s post and the democracy. The true face of Congress dynasty was exposed. We have no sympathy for Mr Singh. They (Congress) owe an apology to the country,” Naidu said.
He claimed that poll patterns and voter turnout so far indicated that the wind was blowing in favour of Modi and BJP. “There is a widespread anger against the Congress party and pan-India there is a Modi wave…we are marching much ahead with it,” Naidu said. He later inaugurated BJP’s Secunderabad Lok Sabha constituency office.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016