Bhartiya Janta Party national spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain on Tuesday claimed that Congress has conceded its defeat even before the results of Lok Sabha elections and said its frustration was clearly visible.
“Frustration of Congress is clearly visible. For the first time, a party has surrendered even before the results are out,” Hussain told reporters here.
“We have not seen this before that a party which is running the government for 10 years… seats of even its president and vice-president are in danger,” he added.
Hussain said Congress leaders were now even giving statements that if required they could extend support to the Third Front. “They contest elections separately, but have an alliance internally,” he alleged.
Hitting out at ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh, he said it seems that the party has support of the officers instead of the electorate.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“An officer sitting in the Chief Minister office is calling other officers and threatening them. The Election Commission should take cognisance of this,” he said, alleging that Samajwadi Party wants to maintain its existence by misusing the official machinery.
Terming 2014 Lok Sabha polls as a decisive election, the BJP leader said the people have made up their minds.
“Congress has no reply. It wants to run away from a debate on inflation and corruption. The Third Front is distracting the attention of the people from the real issues,” he alleged.
The BJP spokesman alleged that Congress wants to get votes of the minorities by creating fear in them of BJP prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi.
“We never divided the election between majority and minority. Modi will ensure justice to the minorities, who have lagged behind in the last 60 years,” he said.
“I will appeal the minorities that they should understand the direction of the wind and come with BJP. There is no need to fear. The message has already reached those, who are young and educated,” he said.
Hussain alleged that as the elections begin, “politics of fatwa start” and this must stop.
On a question regarding Farooq Abdullah’s remark that those voting for Modi should drown in the sea, the BJP leader said it seems the National Conference patriarch has a weak memory and does not remember that his son has shared power with BJP during Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s regime.
“This is the family which has caused maximum harm to Kashmir. This statement was given deliberately and it should
be condemned. As far as Kashmiri Pandits are concerned we have a scheme for them in our hearts,” he said.
On Yoga guru Ramdev, Hussain said: “I said his intention was not to insult Dalits and he had taken his statement back.”
Reacting to the CD released by Congress showing Modi in pictures with one Afroz Fatta arrested in connection with a Rs 1000 crore hawala racket a day after BJP came out with a video on land deals of Robert Vadra, Hussain said that as Congress did not have a reply it was levelling baseless allegations.
He said that BJP raised the issue of land deals several times and it was even raised by the national president Rajnath on the floor of the house.
“Congress leaders must say that it was wrong, but they are not ready to reply. By making false statements they want to mislead the people of the country,” he alleged.