“If AAP, a voice other than Congress has been showing the deficiencies of Gujarat, exposing hype and myth of Gujarat. We welcome that Kejriwal is going to villages of Gujarat…. Kejriwal is doing a job that media should also be doing. If Kejriwal is going there and finding out the truth of Modi’s’ claims, we completely welcome that,” party spokesperson Shashi Tharoor told reporters at the AICC meeting.
“…If Kejriwal’s antics have helped draw the attention, we welcome it. We welcome Indians being well-informed before casting their votes. We want the Indian voter to be aware of the reality,” he said.
The party, however, condemned the clashes between BJP and AAP workers on Wednesday saying it is a case of “politics of violence” countering the “forces of anarchy”.
“It was a revelation to the nation about the kind of alternative politics that is being talked about,” the Union Minister said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
AAP workers had fought pitched battles with BJP activists outside the saffron party headquarters in Delhi and Lucknow hours after party leader Arvind Kejriwal was detained briefly in Gujarat.
Kejriwal, who set out on a four-day tour of Gujarat on Wednesday, alleged there is no evidence of “development” in the state as claimed by its Chief Minister and BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate, Modi, and people there are unhappy. Tharoor seconded Kejriwal’s claims saying the situation in Gujarat is “utterly condemnable”.