- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
- ‘Where have we promised statehood... it’s a sensitive issue, not a matter for elections’, says Amit Shah
- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
Congress fields local MLA Ajay Rai from Varanasi to take on Modi, Kejriwal
Ending days of speculation, Congress on Tuesday fielded local MLA Ajay Rai to take on BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and AAP’s chief Arvind Kejriwal from Varanasi.
Rai is a grassroot worker who can ably lead people in Varanasi, said Congress spokesman Randeep Singh Surjewala.
Congress’ decision on Rai clearly points to the fact that the party has not been able to find big names to counter Modi or Arvind Kejriwal.
The Varanasi constituency is all set for a contest between BJP’s Narendra Modi, AAP’s Arvind Kejriwal and Congress’ Ajay Rai along with nominess of the Samajwadi Party (SP) and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP).