Taking a swipe at BJP, Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday said Congress was a people-oriented party, unlike BJP which was about one individual.
“We, unlike BJP, have never said that make somebody prime minister who can solve all yours problems. For us, politics is all about people and they should have power in their hands,” Gandhi said at an election rally here.
“Why should there be one ‘chowkidar’ like they (BJP) want. We want to make you (the people) the ‘chowkidar’ of the country. Hindustan ki chaabhi kisi ek haath me nahi par sabke haath me hona chahiye (The keys of the nation should not be with one person, but in the hands of all Indians),” he said.
The Congress leader, on his third visit to the state for campaigning, attacked BJP for trying to impose the ‘Gujarat model’ across the country.
“Assam does not need Gujarat model. We have Assam model here and each state must have their own model,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“In Gujarat, the poor cannot dream. It is only the rich who can dream but for Congress, every individual has the right to dream. The poor, labourers, farmers have the right to dream of having their children getting better education and employment opportunities,” he said.
He said the opposition talked about providing security and empowerment of women, but who had stopped them from doing so.
“It is the opposition which stalled the passage of the Women’s Reservation Bill in Parliament guaranteeing 33 per cent reservations to them,” Gandhi said.