With the party still licking the wounds of electoral debacle, a senior Congress leader on Wednesday said that much attention was not given to the organisation when it was in power.
Janardan Dwivedi, who is the general secretary in-charge of orgnaisation, said that organisational election is currently the biggest priority for the party in his view but does not know what the priorities of others in the party are.
“In a political organisation, one or the other activity keeps happening. But in my opinion, now the organisation is most important. In my view as long we had a government in Centre, much attention was not given to the organisation,” Dwivedi said.
He added that one of the reasons for it could be that there are some or the other assembly elections every year and the mind and attention of all political parties are stuck in that.
We remain trapped in between a journey from election to election and peoples’ work is not attended to even half of the time. This is the plight of all parties and Congress also could not have remain unaffected by it,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Dwivedi’s remarks are significant as organisational weakness was stated as one of the key reasons for the party’s debacle in Lok Sabha polls as well as previous Assembly polls in states including Uttar Pradesh.