Congress on Thursday appeared in no mood to give up the issue of alleged bugging of union minister Nitin Gadkari’s residence and pointed to “discrepancies” in the statements of various BJP leaders, including Gadkari on the subject. “We have heard four versions in twenty four hours. One by BJP’s national spokesperson M J Akbar, Subramanian Swamy, Rajnath Singh and two versions of Gadkari,” party spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
Singhvi said the country is entitled to be given a comprehensive denial and the statement of the Home Minister that the victim is not complaining and that nothing is amiss will not work. He also pointed that if any member of the House misleads Parliament on an issue, there are “consequences of parliamentary privilege”.
In Parliament, the opposition led by Congress on Thursday upped the ante against the government on the bugging issue demanding a judicial probe and a statement by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the matter which, they claimed, has put NDA’s credibility at stake.
There were sharp exchanges between the opposition members and the treasury benches over the issue, with the opposition adamant on a debate claiming it is a breach of privilege over which the government can even be dismissed.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More