Congress on Wednesday created uproar in Rajya Sabha over the alleged leakage of Rail Budget and forced two adjournments during Question Hour on the issue.
Raising the matter during Zero Hour, Congress members wanted to raise the issue but were disallowed by Deputy Chairman P J Kurien, who said the party’s privilege notice was still under consideration of Chairman Hamid Ansari and hence, he would not be able to allow any discussion on it.
Congress members including Madhusudan Mistry, Satyavrat Chaturvedi and V Hanumantha Rao wanted to mention the issue of alleged leakage of Rail budget.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Waving copies of newspaper clippings, they sought resignation of Railway Minister Sadanand Gowda.
Kurien said the issue cannot be allowed to be raised as it was under consideration of the Chairman.
Not satisfied, Congress members continued to raise the issue and were also supported by SP members Ramgopal Yadav and Naresh Aggarwal.
Amid din, Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said as per “well-settled” traditions and precedence, if a privilege notice is issued and is under consideration of the Chair, “its content is not allowed to be mentioned or raised”.
He said if the privilege notice is accepted, it goes to the privileges committee of Parliament.
Congress members had raised the issue during Question Hour also which led to two adjournments.