Vadodara city Congress unit president Narendra Ravat on Thursday criticised Prime Minister Narendra Modi for resigning from Vadodara Lok Sabha seat and deciding to retain the Varanasi Lok Sabha seat alleging he “cheated” the people of the area.
Talking to reporters, Ravat said “Modi and BJP leaders from Gujarat have cheated the people of Vadodara. They had sought votes saying that they were going to elect the country’s prime minister and it will be pride of the six crore people of Gujarat”.
Trusting them, the people of Vadodara elected Modi with a historic lead of 5.70 lakh of votes but this only resulted in disappointment among the people, Ravat said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“Why did Modi not announce that Varanasi seat would be retained and Vadodara would be vacated, if elected from both Lok Sabha seats beforepolling took place in Vadodara on April 30? In that case, Modi could have lost Vadodara seat,” Ravat said. He reminded that Modi had a “habit” of “cheating people” and that he had promised to make Vadodara city a “Shanghai” which he had failed to do.
BJP president Rajnath Singh had already hinted at Modi retaining Varanasi seat before polling took place on May 12 and so it amounted to “cheating” the people of Vadodara, Ravat said.