Vadodara city Congress unit president Narendra Ravat on Thursday criticised Prime Minister Narendra Modi for resigning from Vadodara Lok Sabha seat and deciding to retain the Varanasi Lok Sabha seat alleging he “cheated” the people of the area.
Talking to reporters, Ravat said “Modi and BJP leaders from Gujarat have cheated the people of Vadodara. They had sought votes saying that they were going to elect the country’s prime minister and it will be pride of the six crore people of Gujarat”.
Trusting them, the people of Vadodara elected Modi with a historic lead of 5.70 lakh of votes but this only resulted in disappointment among the people, Ravat said.
“Why did Modi not announce that Varanasi seat would be retained and Vadodara would be vacated, if elected from both Lok Sabha seats beforepolling took place in Vadodara on April 30? In that case, Modi could have lost Vadodara seat,” Ravat said. He reminded that Modi had a “habit” of “cheating people” and that he had promised to make Vadodara city a “Shanghai” which he had failed to do.
BJP president Rajnath Singh had already hinted at Modi retaining Varanasi seat before polling took place on May 12 and so it amounted to “cheating” the people of Vadodara, Ravat said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016