A day after K Sankaranarayanan resigned as Maharashtra Governor after being transferred to Mizoram, the Congress on Monday accused the NDA government of “insulting” and “humiliating” the Governors.
The party also wondered whether the BJP government was using Mizoram as a dumping ground, a view already expressed by a section of politicians in the state.
Amid speculation that Kerala Governor Sheila Dikshit may quit, the Congress parried questions on whether she would play an active role in the party. Congress general secretary Shakeel Ahmed said Dikshit is not a member of the Congress party now. “When she will not be holding any constitutional post and when she joins politics actively, the party will decide on it. If she joins some other party, who knows… It is for her to decide and choose any party,” he said.
Meanwhile, Dikshit met President Pranab Mukherjee and Home Minister Rajnath Singh in Delhi. Her meeting with Singh lasted for less than five minutes. Asked whether she will resign, Dikshit said “you will know if something like this happens”.
Terming her meeting with the President as routine, she said: “I try to meet the President every time I come to Delhi. This trip to the Capital is for a regular throat check-up.’’
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Congress sources said Dikshit also met Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
At Kerala House, where the 76-year-old is currently staying, several party leaders and members of her family came to meet her. This included Kiran Walia, Ramakant Goswami, Yoganand Shastri. In the evening, her son and former MP Sandeep Dikshit also met her.
Asked if she would return to politics, she said that all she knew was that “whatever she did, she wanted to do well”, saying “nothing was happening in Delhi”.