Congress on Saturday attacked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for not including the issue of women’s safety in the 10-point agenda announced by him.
“For a PM who won elections with ‘Women Safety’ as a major plank — surprisingly totally missing from the ’10 Point Agenda’,” AICC general secretary and communication department chairman Ajay Maken tweeted.
The remarks came on a day when Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi visited Badaun in Uttar Pradesh and met family members of the two gang rape victims who were found murdered.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Earlier, the party had attacked Modi over his 10-point governance agenda and termed it “Ten Commandments”. Congress had said the agenda was just an “extraordinary jumble” and has nothing to write home about the vision of BJP government. “We have been waiting for a vision from BJP government, we have instead been rewarded with diversion of the Ten Commandments…this 10-point agenda.
“I have been taken aback by the extraordinary jumble they have inflicted upon the nation,” party spokesman Shashi Tharoor had told reporters.