Accusing TRS of indulging in “politics of bitterness”, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Friday said Congress alone can ensure prosperity for Telangana.
Seeking to reach out to Telangana youth, Gandhi said they should dream big in the new state and promised to build ‘brand Telangana’ and to spread ‘brand Hyderabad’ the world over.
Addressing an election campaign meeting in this metropolis, he also sought to reach out to the substantial number of non-Telangana people living in the city and its outskirts by assuring to take care of their safety and security.
“He (TRS president) is trying to do politics of bitterness in Hyderabad. People of all sections built Hyderabad. People came from distant places, lived here and all of us together built Hyderabad. This city belongs to all. This is the city of love and brotherhood. This city would move ahead only with love and brotherhood,” he said.
He assured that Congress would take care of the safety and security of those living in Hyderabad.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Slamming TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao, he said the sub-regional party leader promised to Congress to merge his party and to the people to make a Dalit the Chief Minister, but broke both.
Referring to Chinese products like T-shirts and watches flooding the Indian market, he said Congress and youth of Telangana and Hyderabad wants to see ‘Made in Telangana’ and ‘Made in Hyderabad’ on such products.
“I would like to wear a ‘Made in Telangana’ watch. I am not wearing a watch now. I want a ‘Made in Telangana’ watch. TRS cannot realise this dream,” Gandhi said.
Noting that Hyderabad is a software centre, he said the Congress would like to make the city a centre for hardware as well.
Congress would give a 4,000 MW power project and tax holiday for backward regions of Telangana, he said, adding that lakhs of jobs would be created.
The Congress leader listed out his party’s achievements in the city, including Hyderabad Metro Rail project, upgradation of airport, enhancing of Multi Modal Transport System (MMTS) train services, setting up IIT among others.