Congress ally Indian Union Muslim League, in its daily Chandrika, blamed Rahul Gandhi for the rout of the Congress in the elections. IUML has retained its two sitting seats in Kerala where Congress-led UDF won in 12 constituencies.
The editorial of the daily hit Rahul as a greenhorn, who did not have even the experience of a state minister. “An inexperienced Gandhi leading the elections made implementation of tactics easy for Narendra Modi.’’
It said Gandhi’s one man show did not benefit the Congress. “He should have realised that going from one place to another was not enough to feel the pulse of country. Rahul took into confidence only a few from his young coterie.”
“In this election, the war room of the party was shifted to Gandhi’s residence, where seasoned leaders were forced to remain outside. The Rahul brigade did not learn from the defeat of the party in Assembly elections in various states.”
“The Congress did not have an attractive slogan for this election. The party failed to make the elections into a battle between two ideologies. However, the decision for total revamp of the party is a good omen,” said the editorial.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Reacting to the attack on Gandhi through its newspaper, IUML senior leader Mayin Haji said the criticism was constructive in nature.