An election agent of opposition Congress party was today arrested on charge of damaging EVM in booth- 193 of Mulasahi village under Aul assembly segment in Kendrapara district.
There were also complaints of technical snags in EVMs which delayed the voting process in around the particular polling stations.
“An estimated 22 per cent polling has been reported in four hours after the polling commenced at 7 am in five assembly constituencies spread across this coastal district. The administration has received around a dozen ofcomplaints of rigging. “The complaints are being looked into. Armed police reinforcements have been made in these areas”, said Kendrapara Collector Nitin Bhanudas Jawale.
Large number of young voters of 18-25 age-group were seen lined up to caste their franchise invariably in all the polling stations in this coastal district.
Meanwhile, a report from Chief Electoral Officer’s office said that highest voter turn out of 19.23 per cent was recorded in Angul district by 10 am followed 17.5 per cent in Nayagarah district. Khurda district comprising the state capital of Bhubaneswar recorded lowest voter turn out by 10 am with only five per cent voting.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More