The Congress and AAP challenge to Narendra Modi in Varanasi was only in the media, as people there are rooting for the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate, senior BJP leader C P Thakur claimed on Friday.
“Challenge by Ajai Rai of Congress and APP leader Arvind Kejriwal exists only in media,” Thakur, the BJP Vice-President told PTI over phone from Varanasi.
“We have toured more than 80 villages in the Varanasi constituency and found that people from all castes and religions are rooting for Narendra Modi to contribute in making a strong nation,” Thakur, a prominent Bhumihar leader, said.
He said that BJP leader Ramkripal Yadav and many other Bihar BJP leaders, including Muslims canvassed for Modi for the past one week.
“There is virtually no contest for Narendra Modi in Varanasi as reflected by tremendous amount of enthusiasm shown by people from different cross-sections,” he added.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review