The Congress and AAP challenge to Narendra Modi in Varanasi was only in the media, as people there are rooting for the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate, senior BJP leader C P Thakur claimed on Friday.
“Challenge by Ajai Rai of Congress and APP leader Arvind Kejriwal exists only in media,” Thakur, the BJP Vice-President told PTI over phone from Varanasi.
“We have toured more than 80 villages in the Varanasi constituency and found that people from all castes and religions are rooting for Narendra Modi to contribute in making a strong nation,” Thakur, a prominent Bhumihar leader, said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
He said that BJP leader Ramkripal Yadav and many other Bihar BJP leaders, including Muslims canvassed for Modi for the past one week.
“There is virtually no contest for Narendra Modi in Varanasi as reflected by tremendous amount of enthusiasm shown by people from different cross-sections,” he added.