- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
- ‘Where have we promised statehood... it’s a sensitive issue, not a matter for elections’, says Amit Shah
- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
Congress, AAP challenge to Narendra Modi in Varanasi only in media: C P Thakur
The Congress and AAP challenge to Narendra Modi in Varanasi was only in the media, as people there are rooting for the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate, senior BJP leader C P Thakur claimed on Friday.
“Challenge by Ajai Rai of Congress and APP leader Arvind Kejriwal exists only in media,” Thakur, the BJP Vice-President told PTI over phone from Varanasi.
“We have toured more than 80 villages in the Varanasi constituency and found that people from all castes and religions are rooting for Narendra Modi to contribute in making a strong nation,” Thakur, a prominent Bhumihar leader, said.
He said that BJP leader Ramkripal Yadav and many other Bihar BJP leaders, including Muslims canvassed for Modi for the past one week.
“There is virtually no contest for Narendra Modi in Varanasi as reflected by tremendous amount of enthusiasm shown by people from different cross-sections,” he added.