The Congress-led UPA government was a sinking ship and would not return to power while the Left would face further rejection by the people, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said Monday.
“They (UPA) are only for some more days,” she said replying to the debate on the Governor’s address amid boycott of the House by opposition Left and Congress members who were alleging that the Chief Minister avoided the House regularly.
Accusing the Centre of attempting to “starve” the state, Banerjee said, “Even the funds for the MNERGA have been stopped by the Centre for the last three months.
“Why did it allow the CPI(M)-led Left Front to take loans time and again during its reign?” she asked.
Claiming that there was a growing political love between CPI(M) and Congress to split Trinamool Congress votes in the Lok Sabha elections, Banerjee said the two parties would transfer each others votes in the coming elections.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Banerjee, who had called for a “parivartan” (change) in Delhi and spoken of a federal front of regional parties, said the days of the UPA government were numbered because of its “anti-people” policies after Trinamool Congress quit the UPA alliance.
Attacking the Centre for not paying heed to her government’s demand to restructure its debts incurred during the Left Front era, Banerjee said, “When the new government will come we will take it up. If the debt payment is restructured, we will be able to restore the golden era. It will be all gold then.”
She further said since the demolition of Babri Masjid, BJP was unacceptable to the people.