Terming Congress a “sinking ship”,senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Monday said even its senior leaders have decided to desert the party while some are refusing to contest the Lok Sabha elections.
“Faced with odds, even senior leaders have decided to desert the sinking ship. Some are refusing to contest. Others are feigning ill health for not contesting,” the Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha wrote in his blog.
Attacking Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, he said, the Congress leader “has decided to talk up the morale of his party” in these difficult times.
“He claims that opinion polls are jokes and that the Congress would improve upon its 2009 tally. If this is sheer bravado in order to lift the sinking morale of the Congressman, it is understandable. However, if he genuinely believes this to be true then surely he is completely cut off from reality,” Jaitley, who is BJP’s candidate from Amritsar in Punjab, said.
He said several UPA partners, who had extended their support to the government in the past, are now distancing themselves from the Congress.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Noting that the UPA won a large chunk of seats from Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh in the last elections, he said, “In Tamil Nadu, the Congress is isolated with a single digit percentage votes.” TRS has turned its back on the Congress in Telangana, he added.
Jaitley also claimed that BJP has a positive prospect for alliances in Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh.
“At the end of the day the Congress goes into the polls without an agenda with inadequate allies and without an effective leadership. If things can go wrong they surely will go wrong,” he said.