Terming the Rail Budget presented by Union Railway Minister Sadananda Gowda as “useless”, scores of Congress workers led by DPCC chief Arvinder Singh Lovely on Tuesday staged a protest outside the minister’s residence.
The protesters reached Gowda’s 1, Tyagraj marg residence around 3 PM and raised slogans against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Gowda. They also demanded immediate rollback of the recent rail fare hike.
“Modi government’s budget is useless and the bullet train proposal is just an eyewash. They should first roll back recent rail fare hike immediately. With this proposal, BJP-led government has unleashed a ‘bullet inflation’ on the people of Delhi and as well as country,” Mukesh Sharma, DPCC chief spokesperson said.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
On Monday, Congress leaders had tried to gherao Parliament House to protest over the issue of price rise and rail fare hike, but were prevented from doing so due to heavy security in the area.