The Congress demanded filing of an FIR against Narendra Modi claiming he has violated election rules and the model code of conduct as his roadshow and filing of nomination in Varanasi— which was beamed live by television networks — amounted to influencing the voters in the 117 Lok Sabha constituencies which went to polls Thursday.
Congress leader Anand Sharma said the filing of nomination on a polling day was “well-planned to influence the voters”. “The sanctity of the voting and the electoral process in 117 constituencies has been brazenly violated. The model code has been thrown to the winds and section 126 of the Representation of the Peoples Act stand violated…. We want the Election Commission to register an FIR against the BJP leaders who were present and that includes their candidate Narendra Modi,” he said.
Sharma was critical of the Election Commission as he asked “why the election commission was not alert” and why it did not direct “the media that it (roadshow and filing of nomination) cannot be telecast until the last vote is polled”. It alleged that EC “inaction” on previous violations of code of conduct had given the BJP an opportunity to flout the electoral laws.A Congress delegation met Election Commissioners and formally lodged the protest. Sharma said the Congress does not want the EC to send mere notices, but want action.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls