Congress on Monday expelled RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav’s estranged brother-in-law and Bihar Congress leader Anirudh Prasad alias Sadhu Yadav,who had met Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and said the BJP strongman has better qualities to become Prime Minister than Rahul Gandhi.
“Yadav has been expelled from the party for an indefinite period,” Bihar Congress President Ashok Chaudhary told the Press Trust of India.
He said the decision to expel Yadav from the party was taken by Gopalganj District Congress (DCC) President Raj Kumari Gupta after the former failed to reply to the show cause issued to him.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
Chaudhary said another Congress leader Dasai Chaudhary,who had accompanied Yadav to met Narendra Modi,has also been issued show cause by Vaishali district Congress President and appropriate action would be taken by the district chief.
State Congress media in-charge Prem Chand Mishra said that Yadav,who had unsuccessfully contested from the party ticket from Bettiah Lok Sabha seat,has been shown the door for “gross indiscipline.”
Yadav,the estranged brother-in-law of Lalu Prasad had embarrassed the Congress by singing paeans to Narendra Modi and making light of Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi.
“In comparison with Rahul Gandhi,I strongly believe that Narendra Modi has much better qualities to become Prime Minister of our country,” Yadav had told media after his meeting with Modi at his Gandhinagar office on Friday last.
“Narendra Modi is a powerful leader and today our country needs a powerful leader like Modi as Prime Minister,” he had added as a justification.
He was in a defiant mood when asked about possible action from party chairperson Sonia Gandhi in the wake of his meeting,raising the question,”Who is afraid of Sonia Gandhi? Is Sonia Gandhi running this country ? This country is being run by Manmohan Singh and tell me how many people know that Manmohan Singh is our Prime Minister? Whereas every child in our country knows Narendra Modi.”