Congress on Monday expelled RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav’s estranged brother-in-law and Bihar Congress leader Anirudh Prasad alias Sadhu Yadav,who had met Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and said the BJP strongman has better qualities to become Prime Minister than Rahul Gandhi.
“Yadav has been expelled from the party for an indefinite period,” Bihar Congress President Ashok Chaudhary told the Press Trust of India.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
He said the decision to expel Yadav from the party was taken by Gopalganj District Congress (DCC) President Raj Kumari Gupta after the former failed to reply to the show cause issued to him.
Chaudhary said another Congress leader Dasai Chaudhary,who had accompanied Yadav to met Narendra Modi,has also been issued show cause by Vaishali district Congress President and appropriate action would be taken by the district chief.
State Congress media in-charge Prem Chand Mishra said that Yadav,who had unsuccessfully contested from the party ticket from Bettiah Lok Sabha seat,has been shown the door for “gross indiscipline.”
Yadav,the estranged brother-in-law of Lalu Prasad had embarrassed the Congress by singing paeans to Narendra Modi and making light of Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi.
“In comparison with Rahul Gandhi,I strongly believe that Narendra Modi has much better qualities to become Prime Minister of our country,” Yadav had told media after his meeting with Modi at his Gandhinagar office on Friday last.
“Narendra Modi is a powerful leader and today our country needs a powerful leader like Modi as Prime Minister,” he had added as a justification.
He was in a defiant mood when asked about possible action from party chairperson Sonia Gandhi in the wake of his meeting,raising the question,”Who is afraid of Sonia Gandhi? Is Sonia Gandhi running this country ? This country is being run by Manmohan Singh and tell me how many people know that Manmohan Singh is our Prime Minister? Whereas every child in our country knows Narendra Modi.”