Hitting out at Priyanka Gandhi for her “neech rajniti” remarks against Narendra Modi, BJP on Tuesday said Congress should seek an apology for this from the whole country.
Denying the counter charge of Congress that it was a ploy by BJP to use the caste card, BJP leader Arun Jaitley said “well, this is the word which she had used and particularly in the social context of India, the use of this word has to be avoided.
“When this word is used in relation to either the persona or the views of a person belonging to a backward community, you are giving rise to apprehensions and therefore if you claim to be a vocational participant in politics, then be sure of the vocabulary you use”, he said.
According to Jaitley, those who are inexperienced in politics should and must think four times before using such words.
On Amit Shah’s remarks that Azamgarh is a base for terrorists, Jaitley said BJP had already given a clarification and Shah has said nothing objectionable.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
“Our party has already given a clarification on the remark which Amit Shah had made. In the country, there had been many terrorist incidents in which people from a particular place were actively associated with. This has been said not just by Amit Shah but the country’s security agencies have too been giving such warnings.
“It did not mean that all the people staying there (Azamgarh) would be the same (terrorist modules) but there is one place from where such modules are emerging”, said Jaitley.
Jaitley alleged that at certain places, especially in UP and West Bengal, there have been incidents of silent booth- capturing during the pollings and it was not only he who was saying this but the Election Commission also too received such complaints.
He alleged central security forces were being kept away on non-essential duty and constables and homegaurds were being deployed at polling booths where an atmosphere of fear is created and opposition parties’ polling agents are forcibly driven out by this silent booth-capturing.
Deployment of security forces at booths should be made by central observer instead of district administration of the state, Jaitley said.
He claimed NDA will achieve majority and will form the next government and Modi would be the prime minister of NDA- led government.
BJP candidate Smriti irani from Amethi would emerge winner with a massive margin against Rahul Gandhi, he claimed.
He said if Modi becomes MP from here as well as the PM, then Varanasi would be made a world class tourism centre and its heritage character would be preserved.
Along with maintaining the heritage character of this ancient city, development would take place at a rapid pace under Modi s prime ministership, claimed Jaitley.