Congress and RJD on Friday launched attack on Ramvilas Paswan for “ditching” them and joining hands with BJP, forgetting his hard-hitting comments on Narendra Modi over 2002 riots.
Bihar Congress President Ashok Chaudhary said in a statement here that it reflected “opportunistic” thinking of the dalit leader who has “sacrificed principles for the sake of family interest.”
“He has not only lost his credibility but proved that family interest is more supreme for him than principles and commitment towards welfare of dalit samaj,” Chaudhary, who himself hails from weaker section, said.
He had resigned from BJP government of Atal Bihari Vajpayee in the name of Godhra riots in 2002 and had since regularly criticised Narendra Modi as communal. “But, today he has decided to forge alliance with the same BJP and Narendra Modi,” he said.
RJD Secretary General Ramkripal Yadav said Paswan has to explain to the people how he has joined hands with BJP which along with Nitish Kumar excluded his (Paswan’s) caste from the lits of mahadalit (poorer among poor in dalit community) in Bihar,”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The court might have given some decision in his favour in connection with Gujarat riots but Narendra Modi has yet not got clean chit from people’s court. Paswanji has to answer to the masses about his joining hands with same Narendra Modi,” the Secretary General of Lalu Prasad’s party said.
RJD dalit leaders Suresh Paswan and Lallan Paswan told reporters that Ramvilas Paswan has played with the interest of the weaker section.
PCC President said the BJP and LJP tie up would have no political impact.
The way they gave 7 seats to Paswan’s party and 3 to Lok Samta Party of rebel JD(U) leader Upendra Kushwaha makes it clear that BJP does not have suitable candidates for 40 Parliamentary seats of Bihar, Chaudhary said.