Congress and RJD on Friday launched attack on Ramvilas Paswan for “ditching” them and joining hands with BJP, forgetting his hard-hitting comments on Narendra Modi over 2002 riots.
Bihar Congress President Ashok Chaudhary said in a statement here that it reflected “opportunistic” thinking of the dalit leader who has “sacrificed principles for the sake of family interest.”
“He has not only lost his credibility but proved that family interest is more supreme for him than principles and commitment towards welfare of dalit samaj,” Chaudhary, who himself hails from weaker section, said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He had resigned from BJP government of Atal Bihari Vajpayee in the name of Godhra riots in 2002 and had since regularly criticised Narendra Modi as communal. “But, today he has decided to forge alliance with the same BJP and Narendra Modi,” he said.
RJD Secretary General Ramkripal Yadav said Paswan has to explain to the people how he has joined hands with BJP which along with Nitish Kumar excluded his (Paswan’s) caste from the lits of mahadalit (poorer among poor in dalit community) in Bihar,”.
“The court might have given some decision in his favour in connection with Gujarat riots but Narendra Modi has yet not got clean chit from people’s court. Paswanji has to answer to the masses about his joining hands with same Narendra Modi,” the Secretary General of Lalu Prasad’s party said.
RJD dalit leaders Suresh Paswan and Lallan Paswan told reporters that Ramvilas Paswan has played with the interest of the weaker section.
PCC President said the BJP and LJP tie up would have no political impact.
The way they gave 7 seats to Paswan’s party and 3 to Lok Samta Party of rebel JD(U) leader Upendra Kushwaha makes it clear that BJP does not have suitable candidates for 40 Parliamentary seats of Bihar, Chaudhary said.