In the second such exercise in fourdays, the Prithviraj Chavan led Congress-NCP ministry in Maharashtra was expanded on Monday with the induction of two Congress ministers.
Amit Deshmukh, son of party veteran late Vilasrao Deshmukh, and Abdul Sattar, also from Marathwada region were inducted. While Sattar was sworn in as Cabinet Minister, Deshmukh was sworn in as minister of state.
Governor K Sankaranarayanan administered the oath of office to Deshmukh and Sattar at Raj Bhavan, an hour ahead of the start of the Monsoon session of State Legislature.
While Deshmukh hails from Latur, Sattar belongs to Sillod in Aurangabad and is known to be a close associate of former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan who won the recent Lok Sabha poll from Nanded in Marathwada region.
Monday’s swearing in was preceded by confusion over a similar exercise slated on Sunday for which the Protocol department had issued communication. However, the department issued another communication in the afternoon , saying the ceremony was being kept on hold.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The chief minister later sought to play down the incident, claiming that no invitations were sent for any oath taking ceremony on Sunday.
Last week, NCP leader Jitendra Awhad who hails from neighbouring Thane was inducted as cabinet minister.
Chavan, who held talks with party leadership in Delhi on Sunday, returned to Mumbai in the evening and met Governor last night paving the way for Monday’s swearing in ceremony.