- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
- Delhi has 695 critical polling stations: Election Commission
- Last lap, nervous BJP calls party to Delhi, for Delhi
Cong moves EC over ‘Har Har Modi’ slogan
Election Commissio,Narendra Modi, Rahul Gandhi, 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Bharatiya Janata Party, Congress, BJP, India news, Nation news
THE Congress complained to the Election Commission against the BJP Thursday for using the slogan “Har Har Modi” in Varanasi from where BJP’s PM candidate Narendra Modi is contesting, saying use of religion and religious places was in violation of the Model Code of Conduct.
Urging the EC to take action against Modi and the BJP, including “de-recognition”, the Congress in its written complaint has said, “It seems to be a deep conspiracy and a perverted electoral strategy of the BJP to to attract followers of God.”
The Congress has also alleged Modi addressed a public rally in Varanasi where the portrait of Lord Shiva was used as a backdrop of the stage, which is not permissible under the Code.