As Telangana came into existence as the 29th state of India, Congress extended best wishes to the people of the state, reminding them that it was not possible without Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh’s support.
Former Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, in whose tenure the Bill for creation of the new state was passed, credited the Congress President for formation of a separate Telangana.
“It was the desire of Sonia Gandhi. She had promised the people of Telangana that she will give them a separate state. She has fulfilled her commitment and the whole credit goes to her,” Shinde said to PTI.
Party General Secretary Digvijay Singh, who is in-charge of party affairs in undivided Andhra Pradesh, extended best wishes to the people of the two states.
“New States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh come into existence. My best wishes to People of both Sates”, he tweeted.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Through another tweet, Singh hoped that through a healthy competitive spirit and mutual cooperation both States would grow. “Best wishes to KCR and Chandrababu Naidu.”
“Let us also not forget that without Soniaji and Manmohan Singhji this wouldn’t have been possible. They fulfilled the commitment made”, he said in another tweet.
Telangana came into existence as the 29th state of India on Monday capping the decades-old struggle in the region for carving out a separate state from Andhra Pradesh.
TDP Chief N Chandrababu Naidu will soon take charge as Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.