As Telangana came into existence as the 29th state of India, Congress extended best wishes to the people of the state, reminding them that it was not possible without Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh’s support.
Former Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, in whose tenure the Bill for creation of the new state was passed, credited the Congress President for formation of a separate Telangana.
“It was the desire of Sonia Gandhi. She had promised the people of Telangana that she will give them a separate state. She has fulfilled her commitment and the whole credit goes to her,” Shinde said to PTI.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Party General Secretary Digvijay Singh, who is in-charge of party affairs in undivided Andhra Pradesh, extended best wishes to the people of the two states.
“New States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh come into existence. My best wishes to People of both Sates”, he tweeted.
Through another tweet, Singh hoped that through a healthy competitive spirit and mutual cooperation both States would grow. “Best wishes to KCR and Chandrababu Naidu.”
“Let us also not forget that without Soniaji and Manmohan Singhji this wouldn’t have been possible. They fulfilled the commitment made”, he said in another tweet.
Telangana came into existence as the 29th state of India on Monday capping the decades-old struggle in the region for carving out a separate state from Andhra Pradesh.
TDP Chief N Chandrababu Naidu will soon take charge as Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.