Voicing concern over the law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh, Congress on Friday asked the SP government to take all action in the gangrape and murder case of two Dalit sisters, but said it would not demand a CBI probe into it or President’s Rule in the state “right now”.
Party spokesperson Shashi Tharoor also said he had no information about a reported plan of Rahul Gandhi to visit Badaun and meet family members of the two sisters.
“We are concerned about lawlessness in Uttar Pradesh. We are urging the state government to investigate and take all action. Uttar Pradesh is a state where particular attention must be paid on law and order,” he said, recalling that the state has recently witnessed communal riots.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Replying to questions about the demand for a CBI probe, Tharoor said, “Everything does not require to be handed over to the CBI. Right now the matter is with the police… Right now we are not demanding either President’s Rule in the state or a CBI probe.”
He, however, caveatted it saying that it was the response right now and can change if situation warranted it. To a question about reports in a section of media that Rahul could visit Badayun, Tharoor said,”I have no idea whether Rahul Gandhi has any plan to go there. If there is some confirmation, we will tell you.”
Charging that there has been a spurt in crime cases in Uttar Pradesh after the Lok Sabha polls, BSP supremo Mayawati demanded a CBI probe into the gangrape and murder case. Mayawati also demanded that President’s Rule be imposed in the state.