Voicing concern over the law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh, Congress on Friday asked the SP government to take all action in the gangrape and murder case of two Dalit sisters, but said it would not demand a CBI probe into it or President’s Rule in the state “right now”.
Party spokesperson Shashi Tharoor also said he had no information about a reported plan of Rahul Gandhi to visit Badaun and meet family members of the two sisters.
“We are concerned about lawlessness in Uttar Pradesh. We are urging the state government to investigate and take all action. Uttar Pradesh is a state where particular attention must be paid on law and order,” he said, recalling that the state has recently witnessed communal riots.
Replying to questions about the demand for a CBI probe, Tharoor said, “Everything does not require to be handed over to the CBI. Right now the matter is with the police… Right now we are not demanding either President’s Rule in the state or a CBI probe.”
He, however, caveatted it saying that it was the response right now and can change if situation warranted it. To a question about reports in a section of media that Rahul could visit Badayun, Tharoor said,”I have no idea whether Rahul Gandhi has any plan to go there. If there is some confirmation, we will tell you.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Charging that there has been a spurt in crime cases in Uttar Pradesh after the Lok Sabha polls, BSP supremo Mayawati demanded a CBI probe into the gangrape and murder case. Mayawati also demanded that President’s Rule be imposed in the state.