BJP on Friday said it is committed to peace, prosperity and development in Jammu and Kashmir and wants peaceful relations with Pakistan after it comes to power at the Centre.
“We are committed to peace, progress and prosperity here. We want peace even with the neighbouring country (Pakistan),” BJP leader Nitin Gadkari said.
The former BJP president said priority would be given to the state’s development and the party would not discriminate on the basis of caste, creed, language and religion.
“We are very much committed for the progress and development of Jammu and Kashmir. We want to fight poverty, hunger and unemployment here… I assure you that we don’t discriminate on the basis of caste, creed, language and religion and do not do politics on such issues,” he said.
Gadkari said the Congress and other “so-called secular” parties were “creating” a fear that BJP and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was against the minorities in the country for its political benefits.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“Unfortunately development and economic issues have never been the basis of politics here. As far as BJP and Modi are concerned, a fear is being created that we are against minority. It is the political game plan of the Congress party and the so-called secular parties.
“Justice will be done to everybody and everyone will get an opportunity of equal development and we will work with that in mind. We will give priority to the development of Jammu and Kashmir after BJP comes to power under Modi,” he said.