Caught up in a piquant situation for praising the work done by his cousin Rahul Gandhi in Amethi, BJP leader Varun Gandhi on Wednesday said that his comments should not be seen as an endorsement of any political party or candidate.
“It should NOT be seen as an endorsement of any political party or candidate,” he tweeted, after praising the work done by self help groups in Amethi to ameliorate the lot of women.
“My comment, last night, in a meeting with teachers and NGOs, in response to being asked whether I knew about initiatives in Amethi, was that although I had not seen the work done via self help groups in Amethi, I had heard it was fairly decent, and that I would stress on empowering people towards being self-reliant,” he tweeted.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
While his party is attacking the Congress Vice President and his party, he was found praising his cousin in Amethi, where the saffron party has fielded TV actor-turned-politician Smriti Irani to give him a tough fight.
Addressing a group of teachers in Sultanpur last night, Varun Gandhi had said that Rahul is doing good work through his self help groups for ameliorating the lot of women and added that he would like to follow it in his constituency.
Rahul Gandhi was quick to respond to Varun’s comments, saying, “Varun sahi kah rahe hain” (what Varun is saying is right). We have been working continuously in Amethi according to a strategy… we have laid foundation of education hub..done work for farmers according to a long planning got a food park.. what Varun is saying is right”, Rahul said.
“I am very happy that others are appreciating the work being done in Amethi .. doing as per a strategy , connecting farmers to the world , and will continue to work in the field of agriculture, education”, he said.
Varun had stated that there was a need to work like his cousin Rahul Gandhi through self help groups for amelioration of women.