Yoga guru Baba Ramdev has got a clean chit in the report submitted by the Navsari district collector on a complaint of breach of Model Code of Conduct.
“Baba Ramdev did not name any party, neither Congress nor BJP, he only used the word ‘government’ (in the speech). So his name has been cleared,” Collector Sandhya Bhullar, who is also the election officer for the district, told PTI.
RTI activist Kanu Sukhadia had filed a complaint against Ramdev for making political comments during a religious function.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
State’s Chief Electoral Officer Anita Karwal had asked the District Collector to submit a report.
Ramdev had been invited to ‘Ashwamegh’ yagna at Ramji Temple at Navsari on March 5. As per the complaint, the event was attended by more than 500 people, including some district politicians.
The Collector, who submitted the report ton Saturday, told PTI that she has recommended that expenditure for the yagna be included in the (election expenses) account of BJP MLA Piyush Desai.
“We found that two events were organised in Navsari and Vansda town of Navsari district after getting permission from the authorities,” she said.
“Ramdev is not in any party, so the expenditure can not be attributed to him,” she said further.
Sukhadia, on the other hand, demanded registration of FIR against the Yoga guru. “On March 3, I had informed the Collector to keep a watch on the function and stop it from becoming a political event, as election code of conduct is in effect,” he said.
“But, Ramdev made several political comments and openly asked people to support BJP in elections during the function,” he claimed.