Celebrities add a lot of glamour in election campaigning and are always a crowd puller for candidates they canvass for. But this time around a lot of them have thrown in their hat in the ring to battle it out in the heat and dust of political landscape. Cashing in on their popularity, all the major political parties have fielded them to increase their seats tally.
All these celebrities are equally sought after on the Internet. As per the Google trends, megastar Chiranjeevi’s brother Pawan Kalyan is the most searched celebrity candidate followed by actress Ramya who is contesting from Mandya Lok Sabha constituency in Karnataka.
Aam Aadmi Party’s Kumar Vishwas, a poet turned politician and fighting against Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi in Amethi, emerged as the third most searched celebrity.
Nagma, who is contesting from Meerut on a Congress ticket, searched almost double compared to BJP MP Hema Malini contesting from Mathura. Bollywood actress Rakhi Sawant, known for her theatrics, attracted significant response online with the launch of her new political party Rashtriya Aam Party in Mumbai.
Political temperature notched up when Gul Panag jumped on the political bandwagon to take on actress and BJP candidate Kirron Kher from Chandigarh on an AAP ticket. Theough they didn’t make to the top 10 list, they created a lot of buzz online. The young AAP leader seems to take a good lead online as of now.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Others on the top 10 list include mega star Chiranjeevi and Bhojpuri superstar Manoj Tiwari, a BJP candidate from North East Delhi. Bollywood actress and Rashtriya Lokdal candidate from Bijnor in UP Jaya Prada and Bengali film star Dev, contesting from West Midnapore constituency in West Bengal on a Trinamool Congress ticket, have also marked their presence on the top 10 list.