Celebrities add a lot of glamour in election campaigning and are always a crowd puller for candidates they canvass for. But this time around a lot of them have thrown in their hat in the ring to battle it out in the heat and dust of political landscape. Cashing in on their popularity, all the major political parties have fielded them to increase their seats tally.
All these celebrities are equally sought after on the Internet. As per the Google trends, megastar Chiranjeevi’s brother Pawan Kalyan is the most searched celebrity candidate followed by actress Ramya who is contesting from Mandya Lok Sabha constituency in Karnataka.
Aam Aadmi Party’s Kumar Vishwas, a poet turned politician and fighting against Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi in Amethi, emerged as the third most searched celebrity.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Nagma, who is contesting from Meerut on a Congress ticket, searched almost double compared to BJP MP Hema Malini contesting from Mathura. Bollywood actress Rakhi Sawant, known for her theatrics, attracted significant response online with the launch of her new political party Rashtriya Aam Party in Mumbai.
Political temperature notched up when Gul Panag jumped on the political bandwagon to take on actress and BJP candidate Kirron Kher from Chandigarh on an AAP ticket. Theough they didn’t make to the top 10 list, they created a lot of buzz online. The young AAP leader seems to take a good lead online as of now.
Others on the top 10 list include mega star Chiranjeevi and Bhojpuri superstar Manoj Tiwari, a BJP candidate from North East Delhi. Bollywood actress and Rashtriya Lokdal candidate from Bijnor in UP Jaya Prada and Bengali film star Dev, contesting from West Midnapore constituency in West Bengal on a Trinamool Congress ticket, have also marked their presence on the top 10 list.